Golf Digest Ireland have sent a second of my tutorial videos to their e-mail subscribers all over Ireland. This time, it’s on ‘How to sink more breaking putts’. That’s the kind of knowledge that everybody would like to have when they find themselves on a challenging green!
We filmed this video on the 12th green at Luttrellstown Castle. It features a sharp left to right putt, but the principles are the same if the break is from right to left instead.
Key points I illustrate in the video include:
- Picture where the apex of the putt is (i.e. where the ball will begin to break).
- Picture the speed at which the ball should be rolling at the apex, in order to reach the hole.
- Aim the face of your putter at the apex as you line up your shot.
- Continue looking at the apex as you position your feet properly.
- Hit the putt smoothly at what you believe to be the correct speed.
If you can do all this correctly, you’ll either sink an impressive shot, or else be close enough for a simple tap-in.
You can watch the video here:
Book a Golf Lesson
If you’d like further instruction in how to sink more breaking putts, or any other aspect of your game, then Book a Lesson with me.
I give golf lessons in Dublin and Kildare. See my locations and schedule, or Book a Golf Lesson online here.